- Population Association of Southern Africa (PASA). Nompu is President of the organization (2014)
- Applied Population Studies Training and Research. She is one of the facilitators on the APSTAR program in population studies for government officials.
- Demographic Methods I
- Demographic Methods II
- Migration and Urbanisation
- Demography of Sub-Saharan Africa; Mortality and epidemiology; determinants and consequences of early childbearing, and family demography.
- Mturi, A. et al. (2005) Understanding the changing family composition and structure in South Africa in the era of HIV/AIDS pandemic. Durban: School of Development Studies.
- Nzimande N. and Mugwendere T. (2018), “Stalls in Zimbabwe fertility: Exploring determinants of recent fertility transition”, Southern African Journal of Demography
- Odimegwu C.O., De Wet N., Adedini S.A, Nzimande N., Appunni S., and Dube T., (2017), “Family demography in sub-saharan Africa: A systematic review of family research”, African Population Studies (31)1 Supp.2 pp3528- 3563
- Mturi A, Nzimande N, Dungumaro E and Sekokotla D (2006)Household structures in contemporary South Africa. Loyola Journal of Social Sciences, 20(1) 19-41.
- Sekokotla, D. and Mturi, A. (2004) Effects of the HIV/AIDS epidemic on South African families. Loyola Journal of Social Sciences, 18(2), p.189-211.
Chapters in Books