- PhD (Community Development), University of KwaZulu-Natal, 2021
- Local Economic Development
- Political Economy
- Regional Development
- Mdlalose, M, Khalema E, N; Ntini, E. (2021). The Covid-19 Pandemic As An Agency For The Neoliberal Shock Doctrine In South Africa. In Fares, L, S And Duarte, P, H, E (Eds), Decent Work Or Decent Income? ‘Corona Crisis’ Experiences. ICDD And GLU Community.
- Mdlalose, M. (2022) An appraisal of South Africa’s July civil unrest through the lens of Frustration-Aggression Theory: The Case of KwaZulu-Natal Province. In Masuku et al (Eds), The Afrocentricity Trajectories of Looting in South Africa. Lexington Books.
- Mdlalose, M. & Khambule, I. (2022). Exploring Housing Policy and Multidimensional Poverty from a Capabilities Approach in South Africa. In Masuku et al (Eds). Housing the Poor on the African Continent: Reconsidering Ubuntu Philosophy. Cambridge Press