- Bachelor of Arts, UNISA, 1998
- Honours Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, UNISA, 2010
- Master of Social Science, UKZN, 2015
- Vulnerable groups (Children & Women)
- Migration Studies
- Issues in Community Development
- Local Government & Community Development
- Institutions in Community Development
- Community-based Learning
- Thabethe, N., Mbatha, Z., Mtapuri, O., School-Based Programmes as a New Form of the Family for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in the Province of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa, ©Journal of Comparative Family Studies, Volume XLV1I Number 3 Summer 2016
- Institutions in Community Development (CMDV104)
- Issues in Community Development (CMDV301)
- Local Government & Community Development (CMDV303)
- Nzama Sinegugu (2018) Examining the role and effectiveness of ward committees in improving citizen participation in the Dududu area which is within Umdoni Municipality.
- Zungu Luthando (2018) Political participation as a catalyst of youth empowerment in communities: A case of Waterloo in Verulam.
- Mvelasi Londiwe (2018) Understanding the role of traditional leadership in empowering women in the case of Msinga Northern KwaZulu Natal South Africa.
- Makamo Winile (2018) Investigating the impact of local economic development on the livelihood of Nkomazi local municipality, a case of Masibekela rural community.
- Mbanjwa Thabiso (2019)Understanding Community Participation in Rural Agricultural Livelihood Projects: A Case of UMzumbe Municipality.
- Mkhabela Mandisi (2019) An evaluation of agricultural activities as livelihood strategies in the rural community of Umhlabuyalingana in the Northern KwaZulu-Natal.
- Mkhize Minenhle (2019) Assessing the impact of social grants as a poverty reduction strategy in KwaZulu-Natal: A case of eThekwini
- Mkhwanazi Thobeka (2019) The role of the healthcare facilities towards development in rural areas: A case of Sisonke District in Ixopo.
- Majola Siphesihle (2020) How Local Economic Development is received as a development strategy in South African communities: A case of Nquthu rural community in Northern KwaZulu-Natal.
- Makama Mandisa (2020) Community attitudes and perceptions towards gender-based violence: A case of eThekwini Municipality.
- Manyoni Lwandile (2020) Assessing community participation, involvement and engagement as a necessary role in community development projects: A case study of save volunteering skills development project.
- Mdlalose Nosipho (2020) Evaluating the strategies for reducing youth graduate unemployment in Northern KwaZulu-Natal: A case study of Umhlathuze Municipality.
- Bonga Siphumelele (2021) The impact of food insecurity on South African households during the COVID-19 pandemic: A case of Parkgate Township in Verulam Durban.
- Cele Amanda (2021) Examining the Causes of Youth Non-participation in Community Development.
- Dladla Sthabiso (2021) The role of government in uplifting local businesses in KwaZulu-Natal: a case of KwaMashu Township and the surrounding areas.
- Kweyama Sinothando (PDG)(2019) The effects of water shortages on the 2019 National voting elections. A study on the community of eMpushini.
- Mabaso Thembisile (PDG)(2019) The Impact of the 22 April 2019 floods in the Community of Malukazi informal Settlements, EThekwini, Kwa-Zulu
- Mkhumbuzi Thembelihle (PDG) (2019) An evaluation of the sustainability of poverty alleviation programmes within the Gauteng Department of Social Development under the Sustainable Livelihood Sub-directorate.
- Zamahlobo Ntombela (PGD) (2020) Evaluating the effects of long- distance parenting due to work commitments on children living in South
- Mchunu Lindiwe (PGD) (2021) Examining the contribution of the Department of Social Development Expanded Public Works Programme during the Covid-19 pandemic in Pinetown KwaZulu Natal.