- PhD: Architecture
- Master of Architecture
- Bachelor of Technology: Architecture
- Humanistic Urbanism
- Spatial Humanities
- Transformative Pedagogy
- Research-led Design: The development of Theoretical and Conceptual Frameworks in research and towards place-responsive design.
- Ethical Professional Practice
- Humanistic Urbanism / Social Ethics in Design
- Luckan Y. 2017. Decolonising education: an ethical response to society. FOLIO Modern | African | Critical, Vol.1 – Pupae. Winter / 2017. pp 170 – 181
- Luckan Y. 2015. The Human City: People, Place and Time as critical determinants of urban quality. Tsinghua University, Urban Design Journal. Vol. 2 / 2015: pp 048 – 063
- Luckan Y. 2015. An architectural intervention: redefining lost space Seaview, Durban South. KZNIA Journal. Vol. 40. Issue 3 / 2015. p 9
- Luckan 2014. Analysis and perception: architectural pedagogy for environmental sustainability, Eco-Architecture Journal Vol.5, WIT Press 2014. pp. 577-588.
- Luckan Y. 2014. D’Urban resilience: The Warwick Junction Precinct. L’architettura delle città: The Journal of the Scientific Society Ludovico Quaroni. Vol. 3-4-5 / 2014: The City in Evolutionary Age: pp 165 -194
Chapters in Books
- Luckan, Y. 2012. Chapter 9: Towards a sustainable architectural profession in Post-Apartheid South Africa: questions of segregation and disconnection. in Adebayo, A(Ed.). Architecture and the City: Mega Events, Spatial Interventions and Housing Policies. Durban, South Africa: Fishwicks Printing. pp 108-122
- Y. 2014. Analysis and perception: architectural pedagogy for environmental sustainability. Proceedings of the Wessex Institute, Proceedings of the Eco Architecture 2014 Conference. Siena Italy. pp 577-588.
- Y. 2014. The transformation of architectural education towards ethical social practice: a model for interdisciplinary collaboration and social participation. Proceedings of the UIA 2014 Conference. Durban. pp 702-711.
- Y. 2013. The strategic position of the architecture programme within the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment at the Durban University of Technology: towards interdisciplinary engagement – bridging the gaps between theory and practice. Proceedings of the 2nd Biennial Conference of the South African Society for Engineering Education. Cape Town. pp 105-117
- June 2014 – to present: SACAP – President
- 2013 – Present: UNESCO Chair for Sustainable Urban Quality and Culture – Steering Committee member
- 2009 -2013: SACAP- Heads of School Committee
- 2009 -2014: SACAP- Validation Board
- 2009 – to present: Council on Higher Education (CHE): Evaluator of applications from various universities and private institutions for accreditation of their proposed new programme offerings
- Masters Supervision: 3 completed
- Masters Co-Supervision: 2 completed
- PhD Supervision: 1 Current
- PhD co-supervision: 1 Current