Centre for Civil Society School of Built Environment and Development Studies, University of KwaZulu-Natal Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship
The Centre for Civil Society in the School of Built Environment and Development Studies, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa is pleased to announce an opportunity for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship for 2021.
The selected fellow will be attached to a National Research Foundation (NRF) funded research project entitled: A Shrinking Space for Civil Society in South Africa led by Dr Shauna Mottiar.
The fellow will work on research related to civil society in South Africa and previous research / publication / networks in this area will be an advantage. The fellow will be supervised by Dr Mottiar.
Fellowship Award Criteria:
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Applicants must have completed the doctoral degrees within the last five years;
- The Fellowship is open to South African citizens and permanent residents;
- The Fellowship is awarded on a competitive basis, taking into account applicants’ academic achievements, outputs and research potential.
- Applicants who are applying for a third cycle of postdoctoral research support are not eligible
- Full-time employees of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) are not eligible to apply.
- The fellowship award should be held as primary funding towards the research study.
- The Fellowship must not be held simultaneously with a fellowship from any other source.
- The Fellow must not hold full-time salaried employment during the tenure of the fellowship.
- The fellow will be allowed to undertake a maximum of 12 hours of teaching, tutorials, assistance or demonstration duties per week on average, and may be remunerated for these duties, provided that they are reimbursed at a rate not exceeding the normal institutional tariff for services rendered.
Applications should consist of:
- A letter of motivation
- A C.V.
- Full academic records
- Two academic referee letters
In addition to the fellowship, successful applicants will receive support for field work and conference attendance.
The deadline for applications is 8 March 2021
Applications should be submitted to Melanie Reddy: Reddys2@ukzn.ac.za