|Phone||031 260 2193|
- I have a Masters of Social Science in Sociology by thesis. The title of my master’s thesis is “Critical Analysis of Sustainable Human Settlement in Housing – The Case of Hlalani, South Africa”. I am currently a second year PHD candidate at Rhodes University. I hold a Bachelor of Social Science, Postgraduate Diploma in International Studies, and Bachelor of Social Science with honours in Development Studies all obtained from Rhodes University. My PHD thesis seeks, to critically understand field the relationship between state housing programmes and the ongoing systemic crisis of social reproduction which exists in these urban communities. Secondly, to examine the social reproduction activities of black households.
- Housing Theory 2A, Housing Theory 2B and Research Techniques in Housing.
- housing, urban development, social policy, institutions and social inequalities, economic policies and their implications to daily social reproduction activities of poor black people.
- Critical Assessment of the Millennium Development Project-Journal of Community Positive Practices, Issue No.1/2012. https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1P3-2774666501/critical-assessment-of-the-millennium-development
- Citizenship A Tool of Social Inclusion and Exclusion in Post-Apartheid South Africa, Journal of Community Positive Practices, Issue No. 2/2012. : http://www.jppc.ro/reviste/JCPP Nr. 2 2012/articole/art02.pdf
- Rural Livelihoods in Zimbabwe: Heterogeneity, Diversification and Vulnerability, International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies, ISSN 2028-9324 Vol. 5 No. 1 Jan. 2014, pp. 5-15, 2014. http://www.ijias.issr-journals.org/abstract.php?article=IJIAS-13-290-09
- Life In The Broken Houses: Investigation of the Structural Quality of RDP Houses in Grahamstown East: https://www.lap-publishing.com/catalog/details//store/ru/book/978-3-659-00134-5/life-in-the-broken-houses.
Articles Submitted for Publication- 2014:
- Public Housing and Social Sustainability Indicators: The case of Hlalani, South Africa for consideration by the -Social Dynamics Journal.
- Intra-Household and Intra-Household Relations in Housing- for consideration by the South African Review of Sociology Journal.
- From Philosophy of Science to Social Research: The Systems of Knowledge Associated with Popper, Kuhn and Lakatos- for consideration by the- Journal for Transdisciplinary Research in Southern Africa
- LIFE IN THE BROKEN HOUSES: Investigation of the Structural Quality of RDP Houses in Grahamstown East, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2012.
Conferences and Workshops Attended:
Here are some Conferences and Workshops Attended-
- Conference Name: Rhodes University 2rd Interdisciplinary Post-Graduate Conference on the 30th of September 2010. Presented a paper based on this research entitled “LIFE IN THE BROKEN HOUSES: Investigation of the Structural Quality of RDP Houses in Grahamstown East”.
- Name of the Workshop: The Masters/Doctoral orientation programme for 2013 run by Rhodes University, Sociology Department. The programme was designed to guide students through the key stages of completing a thesis or dissertation. I presented about how to conduct field work(research) drawing on my personal experience and possible solutions.
- Conference Name: South African PHD Conference hosted by the National Research Foundation and Department of Science and Technology- 1st November, 2013, in East London.