Zifikile Phindile Shangase
|Phone||031 260 2573|
|Office Address||Denis Shepstone C718|
- MSc Public Health – Community Development for Public Health, Challenging Notions of Public Health, Epidemiology, Population Health Assessment. Anglia Ruskin University, United Kingdom.
- Honours in Political Science – International Relations, National politics. University of Zululand, South Africa.
- Bachelor of Education – Educational Planning, Educational & Child Psychology, Philosophy of Education, Sociopedagogics. University of Zululand, South Africa.
- Bachelor of Arts – English, Politics. University of Natal, South Africa.
- Community engagement,
- Community-based participatory action and health promotion,
- Community level health interventions,
- Community and public health,
- Evidence-based practice,
- Information & Communication Technologies in Community Development,
- Migrant communities & access to health services,
- Project Planning,
- Smoking cessation,
- Social determinants of health,
- Health Issues in Community Development,
- Community Profiling,
- Introduction to Community Development,
- Programme/Project Planning,
- Population & Community Development,
- Research methods (Qualitative & Mixed methods).
- Shangase P & Egbe C, O. 2015. Barriers to Accessing HIV Services for Black African Communities in Cambridgeshire, the United Kingdom. Journal of Community Health,40:20–26.
- P Shangase. The provision of smoking cessation interventions for hospitalised drug resistance tuberculosis patients: an opportunity for South Africa. The International Journal of Tuberculosis & Lung Disease, Vol. 18(11), 392. http://barcelona.worldlunghealth.org/programme/body/Abstract_Book_2014-Web.pdf
- The 46th Union World Conference on Lung Health, Cape Town, South Africa (2 – 6 December 2015). http://capetown.worldlunghealth.org/ Workshop: ‘Post Graduate Course in Project Management.’
- Public Health Association of South Africa (7 – 9 October 2015) Paper presented: ‘The role of Community Development Approaches to Sustainable Smoking Cessation Interventions for Tuberculosis Patients in South Africa.’
- The 45th Union World Conference on Lung Health in Barcelona, Spain (28 October – 1 November 2014). http://barcelona.worldlunghealth.org/ Paper presented: ‘The provision of smoking cessation interventions for hospitalized drug resistance tuberculosis patients. An opportunity for South Africa.’ http://slideonline.eu/recordings/2014/14union/
- 9th Public Health Association of South Africa (PHASA) Conference in collaboration with the African Federation of Public Health Associations (AFPHA). 25 – 27 September 2013. Cape Town. Workshop: ‘Smoking Cessation’
- 7th Public Health Association of South Africa (PHASA) conference, 28 – 30 November 2011, Johannesburg. Paper Presented: ‘Barrier identification to accessing HIV services for black African communities in the United Kingdom’.
- Miss Shangase’s main area of interest in community engagement is on facilitating community stakeholders around the following areas: Capacity building for health improvement and Project Planning for sustainable development.
Student Supervision (Honours, Master, PhD …)
- Miss Shangase is currently supervising Honours and Masters candidates in the discipline of Community Development within the areas of Community Development & Health.